Colorbond fences are some of the easiest to install. Even if you have little experience in carrying out fence installations, this is something that you can easily accomplish on your own. This is partly due to the fact that fence parts have been pre-built to fit together. Thus, you are unlikely to worry about joining seams or parts together. But if you do not feel confident enough about doing this, it is always advisable to hire fence installers Brisbane contractors to offer you a quote for the project.
Below is a simple guide on how you can carry out colorbond fence installations in your Brisbane premises:
Clear space for the fence.
Start by inspecting the site where you are planning to install a colorbond fence. Take note of details such as the length, the width, and the height that will be required for fencing installation. Other details you need to take into consideration include the slope, the trees surrounding the pool area, and the roots. This stage also requires careful consideration, which you can consult with colorbond fence installers in Brisbane.
In addition, you will do some manual work when clearing the fence area. For example, you have to remove weeds surrounding the pool area, as well as tree stumps within that area. Thus, you can deploy a bobcat to make short work on all these obstacles.
Purchase the materials.
Once you get a clear idea on where you want to install the colorbond fence, it is now time to set a budget for the materials. If you are unfamiliar with this process, you can consult pool fence installers in Brisbane to give you a close estimate on the amount of materials and the best materials you will need for installing a fence.
You also need to purchase tools for the job such as a string line, a tape measure, a spirit level, a shovel, and tin snips. Other tools you need for the project include a drill with a Hex head adapter. You need to purchase these materials by yourself as well. These include Tek screws, rails, and posts with colorbond fence sheets.
In addition, you need to decide on the right color for your colorbond fence. There are several factors that you need to put into consideration when choosing the right color type. In case you need any further assistance on your choice of tools and materials, you can confer with fence installers in Brisbane to avoid inconveniences with the course of your fencing project.
Other steps proceed as follows:
- Dig post holes along the determined length of your fence line. Ensure that you have appropriate adjustments for the lengths of fencing panels. You can use bottom rails to measure distances between successive hole centres. The hole dimensions should also be sized 250mm x 250mm x 600mm.
- Concrete the first post into the first hole. Carefully mark where you erect the bottom rail. This should be a distance of 1805mm from the top and 30mm above the ground. Use a spirit level to ensure that the post is straight. Concrete in subsequent posts, ensuring that they are straight with the help of a spirit level.
- Once you have concreted in all the posts, leave them to dry. A timeframe of 24 hours to 48 hours should be permitted for the concrete to fully set.
- Fix the sheets into the frames. When doing this, it is important to ensure that the sheets are overlapped.
- Screw in the tek screws in place where you have fitted the rails. It is advisable to use Tek screws that are colored, which can easily blend in with the fence.
Your colorbond pool fence installation is now complete!
If you need assistance with the fence installation, you can contract fence installers Brisbane contractors to carry out the job for you with a great deal of professionalism. Visit http://northernsuburbsfencing.com.au/ for more information on the most reliable fence installers Brisbane services.